Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hell-Do



My father-in-law wears a hat that he has named hell-do. It is actually a driving hat, I think. And come to think of it, Barry does wear his when he goes driving. The first time that I saw him wear it, I just kept telling him how very dapper he looked. He has this beautiful white hair, and when he wears the hat, so great! I'm hoping that John will wear a hat like that when he has white hair:)

This summer when John's parents came back from Virginia they brought us an outfit that had a "hell-do" hat with it. I was so excited about it. It seemed so big then, but when I put it on him Saturday morning, it fit perfectly. He didn't fuss or anything, it was like it was in his genes to wear a hell-do. John said that Quincy looks like his dad to him...I think it was the hell-do. I will post a picture of Barry when he was about Quincy's age and the resemblance is uncanny.

Saturday morning John, Quincy, and I went downtown to participate in the Heart Walk. The weather was great and we had a really good time. Quincy rode kangaroo style with John using the Baby Bjorn. He wore his hat the entire time and it was great for actual functionality, keeping the sun out of his eyes. We weren't able to get that great of a picture since the hell-do cap cast a shadow over Quincy's eyes--dang hat, doing it's job. Ignore the huge gash on Quincy's nose. When I went to get him out of the crib Saturday morning, there was blood all over his face. Once I wiped it off, I saw the monstrous scratch. Didn't faze him a bit, but made my heart skip a few beats to see blood on his face. On the last picture that face Q is making is because I pulled his hat up to see his eyes and the sun was in his face. He didn't like that. So, here are the pictures of my boys.


2 comments:

HB said...

It was so good to see you Saturday night! You look great (as usual) and I want to see your little guy very soon. Love the hell-do. Gramm has always worn a cap with no argument. Love the little boys in hats! Too cute!

julie said...

Aww--who can resist a cute baby in a stylish cap! Stephen will not wear anything that isn't buttoned or very securely fastened to his body... Sigh...

I miss you and wish that Quincy & Stephen could play together every day! (And we could just talk while they play :) )

XOXO,
Jules