Friday, November 26, 2010

Baby Girl

Life is so full and so busy! I wish that I'd documented more along the way with this baby, like I did with Quincy. This pregnancy has been different than the first. They say that every pregnancy is different and I agree.

Gone is the nausea from the hormones, but ever present is the nausea from the gallbladder. With Quincy, I was sick for the first 13 weeks, ALL 13 of them! The second trimester was easier but I didn't have the "best I've ever felt" feelings that some describe. Towards the end of the second trimester I remember getting this horrible pain in my hips that made it painful to walk. Sleeping became a chore. Back pain was not as bad as I had anticipated, but bad nonetheless. And the waiting had me a nervous wreck. Is that a contraction? What was that weird pain? Should I go to the hospital? More of the same in the third trimester.

This pregnancy I've been tired. May have something to do with chasing around a toddler, I don't know? Very few episodes of morning sickness/nausea in the first trimester. But the second trimester has brought all the physical pains back, plus a few. The hips hurt, the back hurts, the abdomen is all squished, the ankles are swelling, and lightheaded. Also, my hip joints/upper leg (whatever that is called, where they all attach) is about to kill me. It hurts to move any part of my lower body at any time. Feels like my legs are attached to my body by a small string and every time I move them, that string might break. Putting on pants, moving from seated to standing position or vice-versa, rolling over in bed...all of this is absolutely excruciating!

And add to that, gallbladder pain. That will be another post. Now that I've complained about the difficulties of pregnancy, I'd like to say, there is nothing in the world like it. To feel a life, a small bundle of "person" growing inside of your womb, the gentle nudges and kicks, it is amazing. And miraculous. And such a blessing. And the aches and pains will all be a distant memory when she arrives.

I can't wait to meet her. She is already so much more active in the womb than Q, I think that she will be a force to be reckoned with. I wonder what her little personality will turn into? Will she be laid back, easy-going, compliant? Or free-spirited, energetic, and march to the beat of her own drum? Everyone is curious about her hair/eye color. Needless to say little blond haired blue eyed little boy was surprising. Will she be the same? Or will she have dark eyes/hair like her mom and dad? Will she be born early? Five pounds or nine pounds? Oh I can't wait! I love her so much already.

No comments: