Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Wonder Place

This post was written several weeks ago. However, I'm just now getting it posted online, the story of my life! Better late than never, right...???























This seemed like one of the hottest days yet. I don't think we even reached 100 degrees, but the humidity was like breathing in hot water all day long. One of those days where staying indoors was a very good idea. John and I took turns running early this morning and then took turns watching and playing with Quincy as well. I went to a morning movie--well, it started at 11:20am! I don't think that I'd ever been to a movie before in the AM. I met Shannon and Krysta and we watched The Proposal. It was a really funny movie. It was fun being with both of these friends--they are both pregnant! They are fun anyway, but it was like they were extra special today. Made me want to be pregnant again--until we stepped outside. Brought back some really bad memories of hot hot days. I think that we will have to move to the North Pole for the next pregnancy.

This afternoon Quincy had a playdate with Nicholas, Krysta's son. They were kind enough to let us be their guest to The Wonder Place. If you've never been there, go! It is a giant, indoor, air-conditioned, stimilutating playground for kids of all ages. Some of the pictures are hard to decipher what is happening--there are several "stations" with air blowing through some type of piping system. Different balls or pieces of fabric shoot through the pipes and float out. Or, they shoot up into the air. In the pictures you will see Quincy with a pink piece of fabric. Some of the pictures you can see his hair blowing from the air coming out of the tube. I tried to capture the expressions on Q and Nicholas' faces as they watched and played, especially with the scarves.

These are some of my favorites. Nicholas is always so sweet with Quincy. Even from when Quincy was a tiny baby, Nicholas was very gentle. Here Nicholas is closely examining Quincy's toes. Not sure why! Maybe he's making sure that they look "normal", or that there are 10 of 'em! I don't know, but it is so cute!




2 comments:

Jill said...

Q is so stinkin' cute!!

hannah said...

okay. so, these babies are about to be a year old.

let's have a playdate BEFORE they turn a year old. when can we do it? and we could go to the wonder place. pratt hasn't ever been!

yay!