Sunday, August 2, 2009

TEN MONTHS





As you can see from the 10 month pics, Q is on the move with a mind of his own. We had a difficult time getting him to remain still for any amount of time, so these pictures really capture "the moment".

I'm getting everything mixed up as to what happened when. I know that Q is very mobile now and there is no sitting him somewhere to watch Baby Einstein so I can get things done. Unless he is sleeping, someone must keep their eyeballs on the little dude. He is fast, and finds minuscule things, did I mention fast? Friday his body added on a "turbo" speed to his already swiftness! He is still a very happy baby. We are so blessed!


Quincy weighs 20lbs. and is still talking lots. So far, we have deciphered mama, dada, bella, no, and the generic answer to everything, "ba". He waves hi and bye (when he wants to), sort of pets the dogs. He is still a cuddle-bug which I love. He can feed himself but prefers for us to hold the bottle. We are still doing bottles 4 times a day but less formula. He is drinking juice from a sippy cup and loves almost all foods.


A few weeks ago Bear was here for a skeet shoot. During his lunch break we joined him for grilled hot dogs and hamburgers. Bear was eating a cookie that was too close to Quincy. Quincy decided he wanted it and took it right out of Bear's mouth. He pretty much knows that he can get anything he wants from any grandparent.







Everyone says that pregnancy is 9 months, but when I found out that I was pregnant with Quincy I read in all the books and learned that pregnancy is actually 10 months, 40 weeks. It gets complicated when you start to figure in that the first 4 weeks you aren't actually pregnant, until you are, then you count those weeks. Simple, huh?

Anyway, so all that to say that a few days ago, on the 14th, Quincy was 10 months old. Many of my friends have had difficult pregnancies, miscarriages even, babies born that will face tremendous hurdles ahead because of physical abnormalities. It just reminds me of how fragile and delicate life is, and that it isn't really ours.

I have so often thought that having a baby is a miracle. A baby is a miracle. Seeing Quincy sometimes looking like John, our grandparents, or even great grandparents just baffles me. How can there be a little bit of Martel, Cunningham, Darden, and Telford all mixed into one pot? A whole lotta wonderful. I can't say it enough, God is good and has blessed me beyond measure!

A very long ten months when I was pregnant, but a very short ten months since Q was born.

A few of my favorites from this month...







O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"

even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!

They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.

Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD,
and abhor those who rise up against you?

I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting

Psalm 139

2 comments:

Jill said...

I hope you have that pic of him in the pool in a frame...it is ADORABLE!!

M'laine said...

Molly, having been merely a tiny part of your life, I still take pride in what a wonderful, loving, and Godly woman you have become!