Monday, August 17, 2009

ELEVEN MONTHS


We have not taken very many pictures this month. No excuses, but we have been more busy than usual it seems. I've started to take some on call ER shifts at work. My first night was extremely eventful. The call is from 5pm-8am. I worked about 10 of those hours. I was high on adrenaline the next day. Yes, adrenaline. There is no place like the ER on a busy night coming off of a full moon. Then Thursday and Friday I have been paying for not getting enough sleep. I'm old!

I left home that night right as John was pulling up with Q. I kissed both of them bye and off I went. I got in after 1am and left again about 5:30am, so I didn't see the little man that morning either. That afternoon when I saw Q (about 24 hours and many crazy people later), I just felt my heart swell with love. I was overcome with thankfulness, joy, love for my family. My "normal" family. It was very comforting to realize that my family is not sick or fighting for their life or sanity--right now. I think almost everyday how fast life can change and my world could be upside down. I kiss Quincy about a million times every single day. I can't see the little guy with out kissing him and touching his sweet baby soft face. I do not take anything for granted!

So Quincy has officially turned 11 months old! He has 4+ teeth on top and still 2 on the bottom. He is not a fan of baby food anymore, it is all finger food. He loves to feed himself. I really get a kick watching him try and pick up something slippery, like mac-n-cheese. He just chases it around on his tray and when he gets close, he forgoes the pincer grasp and uses a full hand to grab as many of those little slippery things as possible and stuffs them all into his mouth at once. Oh the joy!

Bath time is still his favorite though. After we strip him down as we are running the bath water, he just stands on the side of the tub, totally naked and looks like he wants to jump in! He bangs his hands on the tub and yells all sorts of things that we have no idea what it translates to! He has a great giggle and smiles all the time.



People compliment us about how happy a baby he is--and he truly is a very happy little dude. He is crawling very quickly. He stands and "crusies" around the furniture but doesn't seem too interested in venturing off alone on his feet! Just the past few days he has really expanded his vocabulary of constants. He seems to truly try to communicate with us. We aren't getting the message yet!

Every night after Quincy falls asleep I go and check on him at least 5-7 times per night. I just want to make sure he is breathing and has his blanket and pacy. He is usually on his belly, arms, hands, legs, and feet tucked under him pushing his rear in the air. Precious! I just look at that sweet sleeping baby boy and thank God for him.

Below are some pictures of when we met my college friend Hannah and her son, Pratt. They are 1 day apart. We had a blast!

1 comment:

Jennifer Narrow said...

Too cute. Hope things are going well. Hannah is doing The Challenge with me. I knew I knew Pratt when I saw him. Miss Baptist :( , but loving working with kids.