Monday, November 23, 2009

Give Thanks






My life is so full. Not busy full. Good full. Happy full. Rich full. And I'm so thankful to feel full.

Since Quincy was born everyday just seems better. It has made me think about so many things in life. One thing that I roll over and over in my mind is how thankful I am for my family. When John and I fell in love with one another we talked about how we had not experienced love in such a way before. We didn't know that our hearts had the ability to love that deeply, fully, and completely. Then we had Quincy. A whole new level. Our love for each other continues to grow, but now we have this perfect little piece of us combined into a blond haired, blue eyed little boy that will just make your heart flip flop in your chest!

Every single night when I go check on Quincy to make sure that his little feet are still under his blanket and that he has a pacy nearby and that he is breathing (yes, still check) I touch his face or pat his back and say, "thank you God". Over and over. Every single night. I am amazed that God would entrust this little perfect boy to us. And in the same thought of "thank you God" I am reminded that God didn't actually give Quincy to me. He is God's child not mine. Oh but how much richer our lives have become in just 14 months of sharing the responsibilities of raising him.

I am thankful for so many things in my life. Right now I just want to focus on my little family. God has given me more than I could have ever dreamed, and I am so thankful to Him for such rich and wonderous blessings!

No comments: