Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Not My Kid

Last night John and I went to "Parenting Bootcamp" at our church. We signed up for it quite awhile ago but we reconfirmed that we needed to be there two times yesterday.

First, I pick Q up from daycare. The daycare worker states that Q has been really aggressive for about one week. He is hitting, kicking, biting! She said that she has never seen this kind of behavior from him and was concerned. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I was shocked! It was mostly over toys. Someone had the toy that he wanted, and bam, he did something about it. We have seen NOTHING like this at home, however, John and I don't typically play with toys. We've seen minimal hitting. So, all the way home I was in disbelief.

Second, snack time for Q proved to be a tantrum. Like a terrible two tantrum. Major folks. We are talking had we let him cry it out, could have lasted til he lost his voice. Lucky for him, we had to leave for church. But he did cry a good 20 minutes or so. He was strapped into his booster seat, but was flinging his body everywhere.

Did someone switch out our kid? Help. Suggestions welcome.

2 comments:

Sarah. said...

lol, welcome to our world. We haven't figured out how to deal with A's aggression yet. Same issue - he is very possessive of toys at school and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way. If we find a miracle cure for the Terrible Twos, we'll let you know ;).

Mary said...

This doesn't sound like the Quincy I know! :)