Thursday, March 31, 2011

Well, Today is the Day

My little baby boy is all of a sudden big now. I think that it happened when Zoe was born. When I came home from the hospital and was giving Q a bath, I noticed how big his body had gotten. His legs were long and he felt much heavier. I'd never been away from him for that long. I mean, I saw him everyday while Z and I were in the hospital, sometimes he even came to visit twice daily...but he was just bigger. Maybe in comparison to tiny Zoe? I don't know. He was just big. He was suddenly a boy and not a toddler and it happened way before I was ready. And today, another milestone...underwear! I couldn't even get a picture because he was so excited, running around everywhere! I sent several changes of clothes to daycare today, pretty sure that he will need them. Makes me sad that he is big now. His newest thing is telling our dogs, Jack and Bella, to go to time out. "Time out Jack, Time out Bella, GO" he yells! Makes me laugh every time. He calls John by his name sometimes rather than daddy. That really makes me laugh. In other milestone related news, tomorrow is my last day on maternity leave. Yet another milestone. STOP with the milestones. I want time to stop, it just goes too fast. Except when I'm running. I've joined a running clinic. Time goes real slow when I'm running! My goal is a 5K in May. I'll let you know how the training goes! Happy day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Big boy underwear!?? There is no way. I still look at that picture of when you came to visit me after my 2nd IVF and Q was just a tiny thing. Love that he puts the dogs in timeout. HAHA!